Maple Media is looking for a talented Product Manager with a track record in mobile app product management to join our team in Los Angeles. This person will be a strategic addition to the team, with general management responsibilities and ownership of key mobile apps and mobile games in our portfolio, which includes category leading, editor’s choice apps & games including Dialog, Stocks+, Player FM, We Heart It, WeekCal, SwiftScan, Pic Stitch & more. Learn more about our apps at https://maplemedia.io/.
As a Product Manager at Maple Media, you’ll be a part of a 7 person product group at the center of the company. Your colleagues are mobile app product experts, many of whom are former founders themselves. You’ll have the support of our design, QA, engineering, BI, marketing, revenue and support teams.
This role will have ownership of several products in our portfolio, including the product roadmap, sprint planning, revenue model and resourcing decisions. Ideal candidates should have experience independently setting and executing against a product roadmap, collaborating a team of designers and front end / back end developers, and driving measurable performance and results in growth and revenue. In addition, candidates should have an in-depth understanding of mobile products and mobile app product development, an analytic mindset, excellent communication skills and an eye for great mobile app design.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Currently based in Los Angeles
- 5-7 years of experience in a product management role, or as a part of a product organization, especially in mobile app product management (marketing / business backgrounds only should not apply), or in a general product management or business strategy role
- Ability to work with tech, design, QA, support, revenue and management teams to build and ship great products, experience operating in an agile environment
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to drive alignment and execution from a team, both in person and in collaborating with remote team members
- Startup mindset, passion for ongoing learning and ability to successfully operate in a dynamic environment
- Deep understanding of product metrics and KPIs, able to implement a product analytics strategy and use data to drive product decision making
- Knowledge and experience using mobile app analytics platforms, tools and services such as Firebase, Flurry, Fabric and workflow and platform tools including Slack, JIRA, App Store Connect and the Google Play Developer console.