Content Marketing Editor
Maple Media is looking for someone to join our team as a Content Marketing Editor, who’s a wordsmith and a creative powerhouse. This position will sit on our marketing team and be responsible for creating compelling content that drives use engagement. We’re looking for a writer to take the reins on multiple mobile app businesses who can elevate our titles and become their voice. As a Content Marketing Editor, your job is to create topical, valuable content pieces that serve our audience. For example, writing articles and creating content on our We Heart It social media platform and/or curating podcast lists for Player FM. Content could include written articles, videos or photos stories and will be promoted both in-app and through social media channels. We aim to create content that is both relevant and refreshing. This role will also be responsible for app descriptions, marketing materials, sales materials and overall app positioning. We are looking for a Content Marketing Editor who maintains a go-getter attitude and consistently delivers top-level work. A candidate for this position is comfortable presenting their work, thinking on their feet, and is capable of researching and writing about specific niche topics.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead digital content strategy to grow multi-platform content, audience and engagement across multiple mobile applications ranging in different verticals
- Lead in identifying new content types and innovative technologies that help us reach and serve new audiences
- Writes copy that supports marketing, branding, and positioning.
- Write and edit tight, impactful copy for newsletters, and other contributed content relating to broad range of mobile app portfolios.
- Write and self-edit for quality, consistency, clarity, brevity, accuracy, readability, and brand alignment.
- Ownership of creating / curating content and product positioning.
- Monitor content feeds, including searching social media and gather and evaluate news and information relevant to apps across our business
- Ensure all materials meet internal and external business and legal standards and follow appropriate corporate standards, guidelines, and approval processes.
- Collaborate with other departments to select and prioritize content / develop content for select digital products ranging in different categories, ensuring execution through the delivery process
- Create and manage project timelines
- Be a resource to the product, sales and marketing teams to support content generation and digital sponsorship efforts
- Teach, coach, and mentor members of the team in best practices for writing and producing content for digital and social platforms
- Coordinate with creative department to develop promotion strategies for upcoming campaigns
Requirements & Qualifications
- Previous working experience in a similar role is a major plus
- Energetic mindset with the talent to produce multiple options fast, under pressure, and within specifications (i.e., word count, target audience, voice, style, etc.).
- Strong ability to translate complex concepts into clear, concise, compelling content.
- 4+ years of experience writing and creating digital media about business, software development, innovation, and/or leadership topics
- BS+ in journalism, public relations, communications or similar relevant field
- Solid journalistic judgment that emphasizes accurate, fair and unique local content, along with community engagement
- Ability to proofread and edit pieces
- Enthusiasm for web metrics that gauge content performance.
- Proven experience in multi-tasking and prioritization in a fast-paced environment with ability to brainstorm and edit quickly – moving at the speed of culture
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding communication, presentation and networking skills
- Hands on experience with digital technology
- Attention to detail